Discount Event Tickets

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Mixx Master Prince Chops it Up with CVWA

Mixx Master Prince
Photo Courtesy of Tunnelz of Vision
Photography
Anyone who has been around the Jacksonville reggae scene for any length of time has inevitably crossed paths with deejay, promoter, and entrepreneur Mixx Master Prince.  Whether he is spinning at De Real Ting, Eveready, or any number of other venues, or running his Northside music shop, Prince has made a notable name for himself among reggae fans, artists, and business owners.  Recently, he took time out of his busy schedule to answer a few questions for CVWA.

CVWA:  Tell us a little bit about yourself.  How did you get started as a deejay?

MMP:  My name is Mixx Master Prince, Prince Foster, born 1974 in Kingston, Jamaica.  I moved to Brooklyn, New York in 1982 and to Jacksonville in 2001.  I've been playing music all my life and started playing professionally in 1989.  I've worked at De Real Ting Cafe at 128 W. Adams  St. for the last twelve years and also worked on Cool Runnings and Danger Zone Sound.

CVWA:  Who/what are some of your favorite artists/songs to both listen to and spin?

MMP: My favorite artists are Bob Marley and Bounty Killer.  My favorite song right now is 123 by Alkaline.

CVWA:  Give us a little history about your shop, Prince Music World, and your new venue, Reggae Boyz.

MMP:  I own Prince Music World/Mixx Master Prince One Stop Shop, at 8933 Lem Turner Road.  I've been in business for over nine years.  I'm about to open up a sports bar called Reggae Boyz at 101-1 48th St. (inside the Winn Dixie Plaza on Main Street).  I'm also working on a reggae internet station to broadcast about our community.
Prince Music World
8933 Lem Turner Road
Jacksonville, FL 32208

CVWA:  What would be your dream show to promote/deejay for?

MMP:  My dream show would be Jah Cure live inside Plush.  He has never been here before.

CVWA:  How can we keep in contact with you?

MMP:   Email:  Princemixxmastaprinceonestopshop@gmail.com or  mixmasterprince@msn.com
www.facebook.com/mixmasterprince

No comments:

Post a Comment